key wont come out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key wont come out

I installed a shift nob, the eengine was off but i had it in the letter 2 of my auto tranny... during this time the battery died so i put it back in park and jumpstarted the car

car works but key wont come out.. car is in park.. Ive tried driving it and everything anyone have any idea??
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Not familiar with your previous stock transmission stick set-up but did it originally have a push button engagement to throw it in Drive from Park? My '91 Firebird doesn't allow me to remove my key even if it's in Neutral so I'm forced to throw it in Park. Wondering if GM passed that design to your car or some sort of solenoid involved that mechanically releases your key. You have a good question there, hmm lol.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I had the same problem with my 99 when I had it...Put a new T Shift knob on....I bet if you take the shift know off it will go into park just fine and the key will come out.....

If the inner section of the shifter does not pop all the way up it will not let you take the key out...Try pulling the shifter up a tad as you put it in park.......
      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
      1996 Camaro Conv
      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

wow, i fixed it before i read your post but you hit the nail on the head.. thanks a lot!
        Mystic Teal Metallic
        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
          wow, i fixed it before i read your post but you hit the nail on the head.. thanks a lot!
          Glad to hear it.......
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...