maintenance Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maintenance Q

The guys over at valvolone are telling me to change my fuel filter and my differential fluid. My car has about 62k on it and i havent changed either but i bought the car with 50k on it. If i assume that the previous never did either should i perform these changes?? Thank you.
    2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Yes.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

straight to the point i like that. i will do these then i was just unsure about the differential fluid because i am unfamiliar with that.
      2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

The general rule is like fuel filter every 15K and diff fluid around every 30K-40K.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

i appreciate the quick responses. thanks for the helpful info

Comment

Change a few other things in the process..Air filter,PCV Valve...

Comment

I usually do the diff fluid every 10k, but I'm kind of crazy on that after doing my lsd swap myself - I just like to get in there and look around to make sure everything is still as it should be.

Also don't ignore your tranny fluid. I usually have mine changed 1/yr unless it starts indicating it wants it done before that.

Fuel filter changing = longer engine life due to less crud getting into it through the gasoline.
              -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

Whenever buying a used car, (hopefully, it's not used up) I generally do all maintenance on it within one year, always assuming the previous owner did nothing. Too many people ignore thier cars exept for the gas tank.

Comment

Run a bottle of fuel system cleaner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X