Invisible license plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible license plate?

Forgot what the stuff is called, but it's some spray you put on your plates that make the glare to flash camaras unreadable. It's overpriced to start. But does it work? and is there a cheap alternative?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Invisible license plate?

I heard selifan or whatever it is called works. not to be too rude but if you're speeding or racing, I hope they catch you. :)
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

They had something on the news not to long ago about those sprays. They stated that the sprays do little to nothing and are a complete waste of money.
      Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Illegal ... anything that alters a license plate (including most dealer plate covers) are illegal. Here's a thought ... don't put yourself in the situation to need it.
        \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

I got a cover that makes my license plate invisible from the sides and from the top. Great for cameras at lights and stuff.
          I've been pulled over atleast 30 times with it on and the cops never said anything about it. Also, its completely legal because you are able to see it from the behind. It just protects it from the highway cameras.
          Last edited by ChronoGN; 06-28-2006, 07:43 AM.
          1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoGN
            I got a cover that makes my license plate invisible from the sides and from the top. Great for cameras at lights and stuff.
            I've been pulled over atleast 30 times with it on and the cops never said anything about it. Also, its completely legal because you are able to see it from the behind. It just protects it from the highway cameras.

You've been pulled over 30 times???

For what? Speeding? How do you still have a license..

btw, clear coat.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

I've probably been pulled over like 25 times. Of course alot of the times there wasnt an offense being comitted.
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392

I have been pulled over probably more than double that - mostly for speeding. Most of the time, I get let off. The other times get dropped to non-movers. Hence, I still have a license.

pulled over != ticket :naughty:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I bought a Valentine Research radar detector and though it was no cheap $399.00 but it exposed hiding Florida FHP Camaro's with radar twice. I was warned in enough time to slow down. It has paid for itself
                  now.
                  Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392

btw, clear coat.
                    I used to get pulled over for some minor stuff like loud exhaust or 5miles over speed limit and get searched. I used to live in a pretty ghetto place and I guess I looked like a drug dealer since I was like young and driving a nice car.
                    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Actually, i wasn't looking for this stuff so they couldn't read my plates from the traffic camaras, i was thinking more toward the lines of making my plates unreadable when i take pictures of my car so i can eliminate the whole photoshop process...i don't want to risk anything for those camaras anyway, i don't want any tickets..
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I have it. Don't know if it works or not cuz I haven't taken any pics of my plate, but I can tell you this, (as someone else mentioned earlier), it's CLEARCOAT. Just go buy a can of krylon clear and spray it with that. It's a LOT cheaper.
                        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X