window problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window problems

hey guys the drivers side nor the passanger side windows are sealed against the rubber very tight so when i wash my car water leaks in espically when the water is under any pressure at all.. and another problem that it is causing is excessive road and wind noise its horrible anyone know of ANYTHING i can do to make this a tighter seal??
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: window problems

yea, ive learned to take towels and cover my seats when i wash my car so my *** doesnt get soaked afterwards, lol..........common problem...........get new weatherstripping maybe???
    \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a minor adjustment so you can change what angle the window comes up at. I vaguely recall reading that in a post on here somewhere. So it's either that or your weather stripping is shot like RS said.

Comment

it happens to all of us. i just got thru washing mine and my inside door was all soaked. road noise too. if the stripping is getting dry/brittle, spray some silicone lube on it (you should be doing it about once every six months anyways) and that should help it be more supple and seal better. if that dont help, look at the window and make sure that its going all the way up. if you got t-tops, take them off and make sure the window seats 100% in the stripping along the A-pillar. if thats all in fine shape you can try new stripping.
        just remember that its kinda the price we pay for only having "half doors" rather than teh full ones where the door frames the window. its gonna happen to a certain extent.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

i will try the lube and see if that helps thanks guys and i thought there was an adjustment too thats the main reason i brought this up
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X