just put in my hypertech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just put in my hypertech

well i picked up my HPP3 from thunder racing today. all i can say is wow. it was definitly worth the money i paid. i bumped my revlimiter up along with all my shift points. this made a whole world of difference in my car. i also moved that pesky speed limiter to 255mph.
    <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Yep, I can attest it really woke his car up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thunder Racing has plenty in stock for the 2000-2002 V6 cars.

Jason
    <b>99 Trans Am- Bright Red 6 speed</b><br /><br /><a href=\"http://thunderracing.com/projects/?action=read&pgid=86\" target=\"_blank\">348ci forged shortblock, Thunder Racing ported 5.3l heads, Cam Motion 246/250 110lsa hyd. roller cam, Moser 12-bolt (4.56/spool)</a><br /><br /><b><i>10.32@131.70, 1.43 60\' - 3238 raceweight, +675\' DA</b></i>

Comment

and that thing can't be used on the 99s? Are they making one for the 99?

Comment

What about '98!!?? Ahhhhhhhh :mad:

Comment

What about sticks to get rid of spd limiter???? AHHHHHHH!! :mad: :D

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

im bout to be a hater :mad: cause i want a HPP3 damn it! there should be 1 for the 98's we need to get a list of names and email adds for people who want it, thats the 98-99 guys. :D naw man its kool im happy that it works so well, that means when i get my turn to get 1, when there made i should feel the same way. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            My ride: <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/youngdeezy\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/youngdeezy</a><br />98 Firebird 3.8L A4<br />Mods:80 seires flow master muffler<br />dual exhaust 3\" pipes,whisper lid<br />k&N filter,3.42 gears and LSD, 180 thermostat, free ram air mod & 1/2\" raised air box + some apperance mods<br />1/4 mile 15.8 @ 85mph<p>I\'ll see you in the traffic...

Comment

and well... you might as well forget that 96-97 cars ever existed

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by john00v6a4:
                well i picked up my HPP3 from thunder racing today. all i can say is wow. it was definitly worth the money i paid. i bumped my revlimiter up along with all my shift points. this made a whole world of difference in my car. i also moved that pesky speed limiter to 255mph.<hr></blockquote>

What kinds of gains did you notice? We all want to know!!!
                2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

don't even ask about 3.4ls.
                  <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by F1GT:
                    What about sticks to get rid of spd limiter???? AHHHHHHH!! :mad: :D

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                    <hr></blockquote>

WHOA! IT doesn't remove the speed limiter on the 5 speeds? That can't be right. Anybody confirm this or not?
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

It does remove the speed limiter on 5-speeds. It's actually a tire speed rating that you are adjusting for, but I think that all of us have Z-speed rated tires when making the adjustment.
                      \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BigED:

What kinds of gains did you notice? We all want to know!!!
                        <hr></blockquote>

i moved the top speed limiter to 255 mph , i also moved my redline up, and bumped my shifts up. i used my friends autotap on the car, and first to second gear it shifts at 6000 rpm, and from 2-3 it shifts at 5900. moving the shifts up really woke my car up. i gave a few of my friends a ride in the car and they can back me up when i say that hypertech definitly made a difference. there are a few other options with hypertech as well, like making the fans come on earlier, fixing the 160 thermo problem, and messing with shift firmness and also adjusting the speedo to different gear and tire sizes. my car is now staying a hell of a lot cooler now. my car feels really strong now. i would definitly give thunder racing a call about it. they are great people to deal with, and they wont screw you over.
                        <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

What speed does your car actually top out at now?
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sac2165:
                            What speed does your car actually top out at now?<hr></blockquote>

well we have a tropical storm about to hit us here in louisiana so i havent got a chance to top out the car yet. when the weather clears up this weekend i am definitly gonna go and top it out and post the results.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by john00v6a4:

well we have a tropical storm about to hit us here in louisiana so i havent got a chance to top out the car yet. when the weather clears up this weekend i am definitly gonna go and top it out and post the results.
                              <hr></blockquote>

you'll top it out with an autotap right? This way we can get a reading past the 125 reading on the speedo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X