license plate bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license plate bracket?

I hate oregon laws..I have to have a plate visible from the front of the car and the windsheild hasn't yeilded very good results. So i was wondering: where do i find the license plate holder thingy for the 93-97 camaros? I checked ebay, but to no avail. I don't want to get pulled over for the license plate not being visible from the front, and i don't like bending the licnse plate with the angled front end.

thanks
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: license plate bracket?

Same thing happened to me. I didnt want to get the factory one that you have to bolt to the front of the car, so I went to slp and ordered theirs. It bolts from under the car instead of through your front bumper. Looks better too.
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/c368/rallysportchic97/</a>

Comment

are you talking about this kind ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...o/DSC00895.jpg

i had that in my previous camaro... mine fell off when someone backed into me in the sidewalk parking while i was shopping ..... i didn't even knew...i drove off and next day i realized i don't have front plate ...so i back tracked my way and found it next to sidewalk.... it tend to get loose over time and has tendency to fall off...

i think u can buy it from slp but it's more trouble than it's good.... i don't personally recommend it....
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

if it's the one in that picture, i don't think i want that..i just want to know where i can get a facotory one, or a better place to mount it other than the front bumper..
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I can't remember where I saw this, but I remember a license plate that was designed for car shows, but it bolts under the bumper and with the flip of a switch the plate folds down and slides under the bumper. I was thinking that the price wasn't exactly ridiculous either. You might try a search for that, might be able to avoid putting two huge screw holes in between your foglights. But as for the factory one, I'm sure a junk yard would have it, and if it's anything like the one I go to, they don't inventory parts like that they just charge like a 10-20 dollar fee to go and take it off.

I've also seen people who put it off to one side or the other so it doesn't have to contour to the bend in the nose.
          Last edited by T-Mill; 06-29-2006, 11:19 PM.
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X