Will 150 MPH Cluster work on my V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 150 MPH Cluster work on my V6

I was wondering will a 150 MPH Guage Cluster work as far as telling me the right information..Or will my Speeds be way off?? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Landon ]

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Landon ]</p>
    Landon<br />2002 Black Z28<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/02blackzzz\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/02blackzzz</a> <br />SLP Whisper Lid, Chip, Magnaflow Catback, SLP Y-Pipe<br />Former owner of a White 3.8 RS<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/allwhiters97\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/allwhiters97</a>

ha HA HA ha ha HA ha Ha HA hA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA A HAAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHA A AHAHAH AA what a funny question!!! :rolleyes:

if you have a digital odometer, get a 155mph cluster from the same model year as your car (and make sure if you have a Camaro then get a camaro gauge, vice versa for firebird, which goes without saying) and the only thing that will be off is the odometer. The tach and speedo will work fine, a couple members have autotapped this and proven that it works.

Scott

Comment

Wait a sec, here, you're saying that since I have the digital odometer (sorry, thought it said tachometer, i'm dumb) that i could swap the entire thing out for a 97 TransAm assembly with the 155 mph and it would work fine? Speedometer and tach and all??

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: cboney2000 ]</p>
      C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Comment

So here's a question then... could it be that the comination of a 150 mph cluster, and a certain size tires would offset each other? With a little AutoTap that is...

Comment

I wasn't aware that this was such a funny question!! Anyways, I was under the impression that your miles are kept in the computer, So i have a digital Odometer..Will that still read what I have now, as far as miles and everything??
          Landon<br />2002 Black Z28<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/02blackzzz\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/02blackzzz</a> <br />SLP Whisper Lid, Chip, Magnaflow Catback, SLP Y-Pipe<br />Former owner of a White 3.8 RS<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/allwhiters97\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/allwhiters97</a>

Comment

Read my first post.

Scott

Comment

contrary to popular belief the mileage is stored in the guage cluster not the computer. And it is also quite easy to change odometers in our cars take about 10 minutes
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                contrary to popular belief the mileage is stored in the guage cluster not the computer. And it is also quite easy to change odometers in our cars take about 10 minutes<hr></blockquote>

so it would read zero if you got new one?

[img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
                - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

So what all is required to change them out? You go to a junk yard, rip a same year Z28's dash apart, and then what? Do they unplug or would you have to re-wire everything? Would that remove the speed limiter too?
                  <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Maniac:
                    So what all is required to change them out? You go to a junk yard, rip a same year Z28's dash apart, and then what? Do they unplug or would you have to re-wire everything? Would that remove the speed limiter too?<hr></blockquote>

Do you have a digital odometer? No??? Didn't think so. It won't work on your car, the tach will be off.

Scott

Comment

I have a 97, it has the digital odometer. So cant i just order the glowing guages off of ebay and put that in? Will the tach and speedo be off?
                      Max Shapiro<br />97 Camaro RS<br />-Bright Green Metallic<br />-Tan Leather, T-Tops<br />-3.08\'s, open diff., Automatic 4<br />-Home-Made Cold Air Assembly, Tanza filter<br />-DynoMax Super Turbo Rear Section (2.5\'\')<br />-Hooker (21433) 2.5\'\'in/Dual 3\'\'out Chrome Slash Cut Tips<br />-PolyUrethane Bushings & Endlinks for Front+Rear Sway Bars<br />-Mobil-1 Synthetic 10W-30, 5W-30<br />-Premium Sound System(6 spkrs)<br />-Monsoon 500w CD Head Unit<br />-Firehawks SS20 235.55.R16<p>Awaiting in my garage:<br />3.73s,Zexel Torsen take-off LSD,LS1 Rear Brakes,SLP CAI,3\'\' exhaust piping and 14 SECOND TIME SLIPS!!!

Comment

All 97+ camaros and firebirds with a digital odometer will switch with the z28 gauges working perfectly except your odometer WILL have the mileage of the donor car, but they are YEAR SPECIFIC.you don't have to undo any wiring what so ever, the guages plug in to a stationary plug-in in the back of the dash. Our cars are basically a bunch of computers in communication with each other, eg: the gauges send signals to the pcm and they also pull signals from the Air Bag unit and various other sensors. Basically in loop with one another. but in short, yeah they'll work. I have em in mine and it's a 2001.

Oh yeah, mine threw an Air Bag light since the computer in the guages didn't recognize the other computers in my car, my car just didn't know who he was ;) . but I pulled the code and it told me I needed to re-calibrate the Air Bag, I had to get my uncle at the dealership to do that and then it went away.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
                          ha HA HA ha ha HA ha Ha HA hA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA A HAAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHA A AHAHAH AA what a funny question!!! :rolleyes:

if you have a digital odometer, get a 155mph cluster from the same model year as your car (and make sure if you have a Camaro then get a camaro gauge, vice versa for firebird, which goes without saying) and the only thing that will be off is the odometer. The tach and speedo will work fine, a couple members have autotapped this and proven that it works.

Scott
                          <hr></blockquote>

autotap doesn't know you have a different guage cluster. mine is off by a little bit because i have smaller diameter wheel tire combo. but autotap still shows the speed the speedo shows.
                          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:

autotap doesn't know you have a different guage cluster. mine is off by a little bit because i have smaller diameter wheel tire combo. but autotap still shows the speed the speedo shows.
                            <hr></blockquote>

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=5&t=002820

Owned!

Scott

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Black ]</p>

Comment

eh, no ownage really.
                              mine simply shows error because thecomputer doesn't know abou tires...
                              the computer does know about new speedo.

my mistake, no ownage [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X