0306 code, can I just change 1 plug? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0306 code, can I just change 1 plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0306 code, can I just change 1 plug?

Well my car was sputtering and my SES light came on so I did a search and took your advice and went to Autozone to get a free scan. It put up 0306 which I know is 6th cylinder misfire. I had my wires changed not too long ago so I wanted to know if I could just change the 1 plug at the 6th cyl location. It's the easiest one to change. Also, there was tons of black crap on the plug when I took the wire off. Might just be dielectric grease, but it seems to be the only one with it on it. Need more help, thanks dudes.
    1997 Firebird V6<br />White, T/A leather seats<br />T-tops, T/A 16\" Chrome rims<br />Rally Foglights, Pioneer CD<br />Vortex Exhaust with 3\" s/s Bullit tips, 3\" cutout<p><a href=\"http://ryan02919.tripod.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://ryan02919.tripod.com</a>

Theres nothing wrong with changing one plug as long as its similar and the gap is the same as the others, but personally if I were to change one I'd change them all just so I knew they were all good.

Comment

i got 305 which is a misfire in cyl *1 its still spudders i'm going to replace them thursday or next day off.

Comment

Check your plug wires, make sure they are on the plug all the way.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X