New info on old problem. can anyone help now? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New info on old problem. can anyone help now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New info on old problem. can anyone help now?

i'm sure some of you have read my other post and know my problem, but here it is again. reving the motor produces black smoke and carbon to blow out the exhaust. plugs that are only a week old are carboned terrible. performance is awfull. more on that, performance seems to come and go. somedays it's great, for a 3.4. other days like a few day ago, my dads 2.2l S10 was walking away from my car. and sometimes under hard acceleraion if you floor it, nothing really exciting happens, but if you let off a bit, it will throw you back in your seat. i've had it to 2 mechanics who have both had it on the computer, everything checks out good. i've had a motor vac done to remove the carbon, no help. coil packs have been tested and are perfect. a friend of mine says maybe a throttle position sensor? could that be? any help is greatly apperciated.
    1995 Camaro 3400 SFI V6 M5<br />Custom CAI|FloPro Exhaust|Mobil 1 sythentic|Yokohama T4\'s| 5% Rear Window tint, 35% front| Hockey stick side stripes|Indiglo Gauges|Custom Painted Interior<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro</a>

Not familiar with your problem, but have you checked your EGR? Try putting a blockoff plate underneath it and driving that way for a while. Maybe it's stuck open and filling your intake with exhaust? Just a guess...
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

Have you checked for anythign wrong with the trans?
      -Steve

Comment

the egr vavle has been checked, it's good. but i haven't done anything with the transmision. it's a 5 speed by the way. what really gets me is that the problem comes and goes.
        1995 Camaro 3400 SFI V6 M5<br />Custom CAI|FloPro Exhaust|Mobil 1 sythentic|Yokohama T4\'s| 5% Rear Window tint, 35% front| Hockey stick side stripes|Indiglo Gauges|Custom Painted Interior<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X