what can i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i do?

ok.. i took my car to the mechanic to change my wires 2 saturdays ago. they ended up closing but i picked the car up anyway and dropped a check off to them during the week.

Now just 2 days ago i was washing my car and i noticed that there was a seperation from my door and the front panel right near the passenger tire????

I look underneath and it looks like they jacked the car up in the wrong spot? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] this bent the bottom outward causing the seperation .

It sux that has been a long time since i noticed but what can i do about it?? How can i bring it up to them without getting into a war with them about what they did? also i know these guys pretty well and gave them a lotta of business...and i know the longer I wait the harder it is to acuse them.

help please.
    94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

This is a common problem, it happened to me with like 200 miles on the car. I freaked out, and went back to the guys at the tire shop and they said it happens all the time.(!?)

He showed me what had happened and what they were going to do to fix it. You could probably take it back the the shop and have them bend that piece of metal back, or you could do it yourself.

After mine was fixed it looked as good as new..

Hope this helps...
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

yeah i see what your saying..........the 2 pieces of metal thats held together by a couple of bolts is bent...

it looks like if you undo the bolts and kinda tweek it back over it should be good right?
      94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

yep, I had to do it myself when my girlfriend hit a spare tire in the road doing 85 mph. Just unbolt the fender and take some pliers or something and bend it back. The metal is fairly soft, so you should'nt have any trouble.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

If they jacked it up from the "Do not jack here" plastic pad, you should make them replace it. Its like $600 dollars, you don't want to end up buying one way down the road. It comes up at my work all the time... good thing I owned one or I would have jacked it up there!
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Happened to me TWICE.

Its a result of stupid idiots lifting the car improperly. Now, if I ever bring my car to the shop even if its for something where the car should not have to be lifted, I tell them NOT to do it, and that I'll be checking when I pick the car up.

Comment

I tried to bend mine back with a pair of pliars and I couldn't get it. Mine has a few spots where it's bent underneath. I mean it took a lot of force to bend it, I don't see how pliars can fix it. Anyone have any other ideas on something to use besides pliars?
              - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

REALLY Big Pliers!
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

i havent gotten a chance to get under and work on it, but i will soon and i will let you know. If nothing happens then i have no choice but to bring it in and have the mechanics fix it for free [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X