wanting more Power!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting more Power!!!

So I have a 2000 camaro Auto Trans with SLP RAI, whisper lid, KN fliter, Flowmaster Muffer and soon going to get a high flow Cat, have a 160 degree thermo., and stock 3.42's with LSD. So like I said I want more power. I have already ask this question awhile back didnt get much of an answer and I did alot of research on some things about (rocker arms-- but still confused) and maybe finding a place to get a tune. I got a 1/8 mile track near me and hit a 10.34 and a 10.35 one time in Nov.. In Jan. I ran 5 times with a best 9.94 both trips with just the Muffer and havn't gone back since. Looking for very low 8's. Also daily driven and has 62k on it, my mom and I have been its only owners . Like to hear about high and low priced things. I like to say thanks to any comments.

Re: wanting more Power!!!

don't do roller rockers. you will spend so much money and gain almost nothing.

if you wanted to get into the inter. engine, port and polish your heads maybe the intake too. get a nice cam.

suspension will work good for you. get some lower control arms, torq. arm, pan hard rod, will help keep the car on the ground.

alum. driveshaft will help you transfer your power to your rear wheels faster.

if your looking for a big boost get nitrous. it is safe if you do it right.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

do headers and an intake manifold. breath and poop better... haha

Comment

www.abbottracingheads.com has ported upper and lower intakes. I just installed these along with their stg 3 heads, a cam, etc etc and Love the setup, GREAT! power.

tires are also going to be key, get a set of slicks for the track.

Nitrous is fun yea......but boost, well now you are talking party all the time.

and roller rockers are a good upgrade, obviously a cam would help you out a great deal more, but if you cant do it yourself, it isnt even worth it, (atleast $500 professional install for a $130.00 part.) 1.9 ratio rockers will give you a 15-20 hp gain and can be done in an afternoon. However if you are looking to shave a full 2 seconds off you 1/8 mile a cam may be the only way other than a power adder.

Im pretty big into ignition, alot of people will say don't waste your time, but I like to know that my spark is as powerful as it can be so MSD 8.5 mm wires, blaster coils, and throw in a DIS-4 (which has track proven results on a completely stock 3.8 of .2 off your 1/4 mile time) so ignition does help, even if its a little bit.

Make the car as light and practical as you can, aka spare, jack, I took out my back seat even, but I am too much show by adding a body kit, and HID ballasts for my head lights, weight isnt really what I am concerned about, but I try to do a little bit. Make sure you are running at the track with like 1/4 of gas or less ( gas weighs a little over 6 lbs a gallon)

not sure if you are A4 or M5, but a shift kit would greatly help as well.

....just a few ideas

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X