For all of those with auto-tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of those with auto-tap

Hey me and my buddy are going to purchase auto-tap. We want to know what all are the benefits, downsides, and practically anything about it. I have a 97 and he has a 95 3.4lt. We aren't sure if it will work with OBD1. Also do you have to purchase the MAF+ also to go with this. Any help with be awesome.

Thanks
    Brian
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Wolfy, I know there is a ton of stuff if you do a search in the Advanced Forum...Here's a brief summary though.

AutoTap is a tool that will display various functions that your PCM measures. You can configure the screen to look at almost anything you want...RPM, Speed, O2 sensors, Fuel Trims, Throtle position, look at SES codes...just to name a few. What the real benefit is, is that if you happen to be using a Modification like MAFT+ then you need AutoTap to show how the car is running for proper tuning. The only downside I've had so far is that when I purchased it this summer I got Verson 2.02 for Windows. There were several bugs in the program at that time, and made me think that something was wrong with my car when actually it was fine. However, AutoTap just released Version 2.03 which I have downloaded and installed, and it works great so far. I have not run into any problems yet. As for ODBI...I don't think it will work, but I'm not 100% sure about that though. Hope this helps, and good luck!
    Ed
    2002 Camaro V6, M5, Black, T-tops, Y87, Monsoon, and Leather!<br />**Current Mods** : Wisper Lid, Hurst Billet Shifter, Free CAI.

Comment

Sweet thanks man, i posted in advanced tech. I did a search and looked for a while, but i am still a little foggy on what it actually does, and what all i can tune using it. thanks for your help
      1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Well Just so you know, you can not change anything with AutoTap. It is just a diagnostic software package that allows you to look at different sensors that the PCM measures. A perfect example of how to utilize it is if you happen to be using the MAFT+. The MAFT+ allows you to adjust timing and fuel/air ratio. So for example you would want to measure your O2's, Timing advance, Knock Sensor, and throttle position with AutoTap to make sure that you are tuning the MAFT+ properly. Does that make sense?
        2002 Camaro V6, M5, Black, T-tops, Y87, Monsoon, and Leather!<br />**Current Mods** : Wisper Lid, Hurst Billet Shifter, Free CAI.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X