Ghost in the machine.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost in the machine.......

Hello all. Ive got a strange problem. My car likes to lock its own doors sometimes. Im not sure if its a keyless entry issue or what. It just seems to come and go whenever it wants to. Sometimes for days at a time it will lock its doors once an hour or a few times a minute. Then I go weeks and it dosent do it at all. Now fortunately I have learned never to leave the car running with the windows up, as it could lock the keys inside, but I just wondered if anyone had any idea what might be causing this. Also Ive noticed when its acting up it dosent seem to respond to the keyless entry to unlock the doors. Any advice would be appreciated. Coincidentally the receiving unit on my 97 Buick Century died and had to be replaced right around the time I noticed these problems on my Camaro. Coincidence maybe, but strange nonetheless.

:eek:
    95 Camaro Black<br />3.4 V6<br />Automatic<br />Stock 3:23 rearend<br />Custom CAI<br />Flowmaster muffler w/dual outlets<br />Chrome 5 spoke wheels from 2000 Camaro with 245-50R16 Goodyears<br />Chrome decals on front and back.<br />Car Bra<br />Its a start.......<br /><a href=\"http://www.elderon.xohost.com/carpics.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.elderon.xohost.com/carpics.html</a>

I had a friend of mine that had similar problems with locks and power windows seeming to have a mind of their own.. and it was a bad ground.. a bad ground can make a cars electrical stuff do all kinds of freaky things..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Also, change the battery on your remote...I was driving to work one night, and the alarm started going off (while I was driving) and the doors started locking and unlocking themselves. I pulled the battery in the remote, and no more problem.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
        Also, change the battery on your remote...I was driving to work one night, and the alarm started going off (while I was driving) and the doors started locking and unlocking themselves. I pulled the battery in the remote, and no more problem.<hr></blockquote>

You took my idea.
        [img]smile.gif[/img]
        WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

I thought this was going to be about that the movie...lol [img]redface.gif[/img]
          2002 Camaro 3.8 Y87<br />K&N Air Filter, Whisperlid<br />SLP CAI, BMR STB<br />With more to come...

Comment

I forgot to mention I have changed the batteries out. Dosent seem to make any difference. Still quite random. I appreciate everyones advice though. Thanks : )
            95 Camaro Black<br />3.4 V6<br />Automatic<br />Stock 3:23 rearend<br />Custom CAI<br />Flowmaster muffler w/dual outlets<br />Chrome 5 spoke wheels from 2000 Camaro with 245-50R16 Goodyears<br />Chrome decals on front and back.<br />Car Bra<br />Its a start.......<br /><a href=\"http://www.elderon.xohost.com/carpics.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.elderon.xohost.com/carpics.html</a>

Comment

Take it to get the computer scaned. Maybe there is a short somewhere. Check the fuses too. I doubt it's a ghost. LOL!
              Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Put your car into program mode and check to see if your alarm is in pasive arming mode .
                see you owner manual.
                my farthers z28 had the same problem when it was in pasive mode.
                Black 2000 Y87 Camaro with T-tops ,SLP bowtie grill, Suncoast Creations Ram air hood and air box,Hypertech pp3,magnaflow cat back,and hi flow cat. <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09</a>

Comment

Car is a 1995. Dosen't have factory alarm. I will look into the programming though.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X