Fbody Problems....need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fbody Problems....need help

I have an auto 99 v6 firebird. Last night I was driving it and it had no pick up what so ever, I have a cylinder 3 misfire but my car ws running fine. It took forever to shift from first to second(even when it was floored) I checked all my fluids and everything was cool. When I parked it at night it smelled like my cluctch went out. Before that my car stalled when I was driving it. Anyone know whats up?

Re: Fbody Problems....need help

Check your plugs, wires, and coils
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

ehh i dropped it off at GM this morning and i still havent heard from them. I miss my car already

Comment

lemme know what they say cuz i'm having the same kinda problem when i start cold.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

yeah man sounds good....im actually going to swing by the dealership now just to see if they got my car inside....Im thinking spark plugs and a vaccum leak.

Comment

90% of the time this happens its either the plugs or wires. hopefully it'll be the 90% and be an easy fix
            95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

well like i said i dropped my car off yesterday morning and i called them today and they said its probably just wire and plugs and its not easy to do so they will do it monday when they have more people. all i want is my fbody back:(

Comment

well plug changes on our cars arent exactly fun. hopefully thats all thats wrong with it and your'll be back driving it in no time. keep us updated.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I dont want to jynx myself but i did notice a small leak on my driveway:rant: and my car did die on me when i was driving....i dont know hopefully its nothing.

Comment

so my mechanic called me at the crack of dawn and told me whats up. I need 2 iginition coils, plugs and wires, fuel injection cleaner, and a pcm reflash. there is also carbin build up in the intake. I just bought my car 3 weeks ago and your telling me I did all those things? The dealer even told me it would pass inspection. And the part that gets even better, the warranty doesnt cover it because it basic maintence. So its going to cost me a grand to fix everything. I should just take my car back and blow the engine because then its covered, but I am not paying a grand of my own money.:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Comment

Well it was a mistake to take it to the dealer in the first place...you could do all that stuff yourself
                      1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

half that stuff sounds like un sells . It sounds like he figuries he'll do everythimg and that will fix it . tell him to locate the problem then fix it . how does he know it needs coil packs , and wires and plugs ? sounds like he's geussing at the problem ./
                        thats only my .02 cents .

Comment

i brought it to the dealer because it has a warranty. But with all those problems there is no way i did all that in 2 weeks. Im actually trying to get the dealer i bought the car from to pay for everything.

Comment

i'd try to see if they can let you bring it to your own mechanic . i meant to say up selling in the last reply .it just sound to me like the guy s replacing everything to cover his bases . i've never had 2 coil packs go at onece . i've seen on . i've seen 3 but never 2 . i'll be willing to bet he didnt scan for missfires first and narrow it down from there . and a grand sounds high .

Comment

i brought it to a pontiac dealership....and that just means they sold the car in that condition....thats why im yelling at them to pay for it because i sure as hell wont be paying a grand of my own money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X