HELP! my 2000 mustang feels faster that my fbird! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! my 2000 mustang feels faster that my fbird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! my 2000 mustang feels faster that my fbird!

i am about to get rid of the mustang, but anyhow it feels much more responsive than my firebird. it does have about 40,000 less miles, but still! should i repl the plugs/wires? i plan on bringing it in to a pontiac shop, i have a warrany, because it does make alot of rattling sounds when i shift/coast on the highway. help!

a full tune up would bring back the life in your car. Also try one of those engine restore things you put in your gas.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

bu-bye:

is that the restore in the silver cannister? how did it work for you?

Comment

well....your mustang is a lot lighter than your f-body [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

-Adam
        Red 1990 Firebird:125,000 miles <BR>kn air filter<BR>bosch +4 platinum spark plugs<BR>accel 8.8mm wires <BR>700-r4<BR>Mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 <BR>z-max addatives (wow)<BR>Trans Am Hood W/Black Vents<BR>BF Goodrich 235/60R15<BR>Aftermarket muffler-dual single tips<BR>the rest of the exhaust?

Comment

Some vehicles are just mean from the factory, the stang has about 10 hp less but it is lighter, i would think the bird would still take it in a race but it should be close. A tune up would help
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

did you say your transmission rattles when you shift? Mine does that also and my mechanic said that its my throw-out bearing gone south. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] :mad: And they said our 5 spd BORG WARNER is a world class transmisssion. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

I wouldn't advise using any of that engine cleaner fuel additive gung. Alot of times on our fuel injected cars it is more trouble than it is worth. Usually plugs up injectors worse.

Think about it. If that stuff so cheaply could fix stuff like cloged up injectors no one would ever have to buy new ones. he he.

Best thing is to replace injectors, new high flow fuel filter, new plugs, and new plug wires. Try that out for a slight tune up first.
              Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BLUE:
                And they said our 5 spd BORG WARNER is a world class transmisssion. [img]tongue.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Hahahahaha, ya'll got the T-5 that was manufactured in Mexico! lol, they suck *** . 93-97 T-5's and T-56's were the good one's that are considered "world class" 98+ were kinda cheap. Sorry bro.
                - Matt<p>Red 1993 Camaro Z28 M6<p>My <a href=\"http://brightred93z28.fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Webpage</a>

Comment

Just cause something breaks doesn't mean it isn't good. All cars are mechanical new and old, and any one of them could have something break.

I think compared to how often other makes of cars have things break... GM had a good track record for realiabilty, items seem to break alot less.
                  Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X