• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered the Hypertech Programmer :)

http://www.hypertech.com/jpegs/2001camv6.jpg

I just ordered one, hope it does what it says! :D
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

i hope it works out for u and let me know hw much of a difference u get cuz it works good for u ill buy me 1

Comment

Good luck!
      Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

not a big HP gain. Lots mo TQ though. Looks like it really helps the whole power curve so it should be a good mod. Let us know.

Comment

I'm really hoping it fixes the 160 stat issue with 02 cars, I'll keep you updated.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

How can higher octane give more power?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
              I'm really hoping it fixes the 160 stat issue with 02 cars, I'll keep you updated.<hr></blockquote>

i am almost positive it does. trust me you will love it. i have had mine in for a few days and i love it.
              <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by supersixjohn:
                How can higher octane give more power? <hr></blockquote>

With a higher octane you will gain more power if you take advantage of it mechanically (through raising the compression ratio) or electronically (by advancing the timing)

Well - theyre advancing the timing.
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

So what you're saying is that there isn't just 1 power program, but many and each for different octanes? Which also have different timings assigned to them.

Example: 89 octane program has 25deg, and 93 octane has 28deg.

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: supersixjohn ]</p>

Comment

They don't make it for a 98 only 00-02 whats up with that. whats the differance?
                    40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

Dyno it please before and after
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95 FIREBIRD:
                        i hope it works out for u and let me know hw much of a difference u get cuz it works good for u ill buy me 1<hr></blockquote>

If you have a 95 you wont get a hypertech programmer, sorry, i wish they would come out with one for the 95-97 3.8 i bet alot would purchase that. :cool:
                        Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                          Dyno it please before and after<hr></blockquote>

I intend on doing that. I also, and firstly, will do track testing with it Oct 4th if it doesnt rain me out.

Also, the timing is only for 87 and for 93 octane settings from hypertech.

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
                          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

who did you order the hypertech from? did you order it from hypertech or did you get it through another company. the only reason i ask is because i thought for now you could only get it from dealers that sell the programmers.
                            <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by john00v6a4:
                              who did you order the hypertech from? did you order it from hypertech or did you get it through another company. the only reason i ask is because i thought for now you could only get it from dealers that sell the programmers.<hr></blockquote>

Thunderracing had 4 in stock, you must call to order them. I got 1 of those 4; I assume there are 3 left.
                              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X