Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPARK PLUGs. i know..i know....

its probably been asked before:

is there a link for a how to, for changing th plugs and wired for us 3800 v6 guys?

thanks
    98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

look to your upper right, theres a little button that says "search" . click on it and type in spark plugs, or something to that effect.

Comment

ok smart *** ...i did that, but everyone seems to have different ways of telling. im asking if anyone has it with pics and stuff like that!

and the names.

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>
      98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

Play nice guys. No need for name calling.
        White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

he started it!
          [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

just trying to help :mad:

Comment

well man I don't think anyone has pics.. but here ya go.. (this is for if you are changing plugs and wires)

you will need:
              plugs
              wires
              tube dielectric grease(even if your wires came with some go to autozone and buy a tube for a buck)
              spark plug socket
              ratchet
              universal joint for ratchet
              wrench to go over plug socket
              couple of 3 inch extensions maybe a 6 inch one too
              zip ties
              a good form of lighting for underneath the car.. this sounds simple and you may be saying to yourself I'm going to change my stuff during the day but some added light under that car will make a heck of a difference.. can't preach this enough.. also when putting the wires in you need plenty of light to make sure they won't be coming in contact with something hot.

for the plugs
              number 1 and 2 can be removed from the top..
              put the socket on extension universal and take em out..
              number 3,5,6 from underneath, put the socket on first and the put the wrench on the end of the socket..
              number 4.. put a 3 inch exension on the socket .. slide the socket on the plug from underneath.. then go to the top.. the extension will be up against the exhaust manifold that's ok.. slip the universal joint in the extension and another small extension in that.. and crank away.. it will come out

for the wires all I can say is
              1. take your time and be careful with the wire separators you need to reuse them.
              2. pay close attention to how the wires are running right now..
              3. take care of the wire loom and reuse it.. this helps protect the wires..
              4. once again take your time.. have plenty of time set aside to do this.. like 3 hours.. once you change all this stuff once you will be better at it.. if you are putting your car up on ramps that's cool but if you use a jack to raise it up put it up on jackstands don't play when it comes to putting your car in the air..

and use that dielectric grease on the boots..
              but I would stay away from using it on the boots that go over the coils.. makes em a little slippery for my taste..

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

thanks black!

hey green its cool! preciate it!

Comment

Just don't give up. They will come out somehow, thats all I can tell you. Try the top and the bottom is one of them seems really hard. But you have a 98 so it should be easier for you!
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                  1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X