How would break the 400 hp barrier on a V6 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would break the 400 hp barrier on a V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would break the 400 hp barrier on a V6

Don't say N2O. That's too simple.

But Hot Rod did an article on 4.3 V6 breaking into the 500 hp with a nonintercooled Vortech SC. I'm sure our 3.8 can do the same. But all I want is to break that 400 hp and I'm happy.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

400 hp on the bottle too simple???
    Um, nope, that is kinda hard to do.
    Any other way, probably not done cheaply.
    Powerdyne slips.
    ATI has not been perfected.
    There was a rumor of a turbo'ed 3.8 in cali but it died and misfired a lot
    N/A, um, nope.
    Nitorus is the only way for now.
    My old dyno should have put me in the neighborhood of 350-360 hp at the crank.
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

beef up the internals and use that powerdyne in your sig. Just make sure you up it to like 12-15lbs. boost. Also add a few decals onto the side of your car. Those are easy bolt-ons that can throw up to 75-125hp to your car.

Comment

1 Steal INTEMEDATOR SS
        2 PULL ITS ENGINE
        3 replace yours with it
        4 Supercharge ( cant member if it has one if so up the pully )
        5 Nitrous
        6 ....... you really shouldnt have got this far expecting more hp

OR
        build ure engine up tot he INT SS specs, i plan on puting at least half of the engines specs into mine
        91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

Every bolt on headers, catback etc, supersix powerpack bill mach programming, supersix says with proper programming 75hp gain is achievable, so with every bolt on plus supersix that should be 300 hp there. Are you after 400 rwhp or 400 crank hp? If rwhp add supercharger that should be good for 400 hp, abeef up internals, forged crank rods pistons, rings etc, get nx 150 shot and there ya go. 400 hp with nitrous is not easy by the way, You would need beefed up internals to run a high shot to get you close to 400 hp. Hope this helps
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

You would have to do alot to get that kind of real wheel power. It is possible, just cost alot of money. Probably just a few things would be:

1. Increase to larger bore and stroke.

2. Lightweight racing pistions, connecting rods, cam, crank, rockers, springs, pushrods.

3. Machine work on the heads, valves, intakes, exhaust ports.

4. Larger fuel pump, and larger injectors, bigger throttle body.

5. High flow exhaust, headers and all that type of usual crap.

6. Use of supercharger, and aftercooler.

7. The list could go on and on....

Good luck!!
            Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X