altenator or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• altenator or not

Well tonight i was driving around on the street and i had noticed that my check guages light had came on so i took a glance at my fuel gauge and i had like 3/4 of a tank left so i paniced and look at the oil pressure real quick and it was normal so i look at the voltage meter and its in the orange well i drive around for like 1-2 min more and the guage is slowly falling and then my abs inop light comes on and the lights are extremely dim i look at guage and it is almost down all the way so i pull over and turn of my car wait about 5 min and crank it turn on the lights etc and the cars guage goes all the way down almost i turn the car off and try to crank it again and click click click click clcik and im like crap so i had to tow my car home and the tow rope breaks and i coast to the side of the road and i take out the battery and charged it at a friends house for like 20 min put the battery back in and haul a$$ to my house with no lights at all and made it home so i need to know whats wrong with my car please help me [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

i am 100% sure this is DEFINATLY your alternator, stuff starts dieing in ure car one by one as ure batt dies cause th alt isnt pushing any more so yes it is for sure your alt

happend to my buddie as we were on our way back from abilene we got a boost from his dad ever 5 miles it was hiliarious seeing the power stering, ac, lights and brakes go out one by one
    91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

thanks man how much does one cost and where can i get it

Comment

You're looking at about $100 plus core charge (I believe $60) from Autozone or Kragen. That's cheap compared to gmpartsdirect.com ($175 plus core), or the dealership ($200+, plus core). And, no, nobody has a rebuild kit for them, I've been looking for one.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X