motor dies at top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor dies at top end

Ive just had my motor rebuilt about a month ago. When i put the petal to the floor the car pulls strong until you hit about 4500 and then it falls on its face. The motor is screaming to get the the next gear but the car actully stops pulling and levels off after 4500. You can actually feel the car level off until the next gear. Is this normal for this motor or do i have a problem?

Re: motor dies at top end

What year is it, mine when I hit the gas in park up to 4500 rpms it does that to keep it from blowing up wonder if somthing is wired wrong.

Comment

The only time I've ever experienced that was when I had a clogged cat.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by kuttman
        What year is it, mine when I hit the gas in park up to 4500 rpms it does that to keep it from blowing up wonder if somthing is wired wrong.
        he was talking about in drive not in park or neutral. Yes, the computer will keep it from reving if you rev too high in neutral or park.

Fspalt, the 3.8s max HP is at 5200rpms (if its unmodified). It'll make more power higher in the rpms if its modified.
        I dont know about a 3.4, I would assume that at 4500, it still hasnt reached its max power.
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X