Is there a low temp fan switch for the 3.8? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a low temp fan switch for the 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a low temp fan switch for the 3.8?

It would seem so much easier to swap a low temp fan switch in with a low temp thermo, rather than fooling with a manual switch. What about the Hypertech switches for TPI cars? The wire looks a little short, but otherwise it looks like the one on my engine. It is right below the TB right?
    Arctic White \'02 Camaro<br />3.8, 5spd.

I would bet with a simple resistor you could change the reading of the thermistor to the computer to make it THINK its really 20-30degrees hotter than it trully is.

The good would be that you would have fans which kicked on earlier [img]smile.gif[/img]

The bad would be it would kick itself out of warmup cycle a bit early :(
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Rksports carries a automatic fan switch. You can set the fans to kick on from 145 degrees to 245 degrees. I think it runs at $149.99. Not for sure.

2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
      5 speed
      Project: Unreal
      Will give details when fin.
      2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
      5 speed
      Project: Unreal
      Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
      2007 Chevy Aveo 5
      Mods K&N air filter:excited:
      www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

gee $149 thats alot of money,no wonder rksport sux :mad:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
          I would bet with a simple resistor you could change the reading of the thermistor to the computer to make it THINK its really 20-30degrees hotter than it trully is.

The good would be that you would have fans which kicked on earlier [img]smile.gif[/img]

The bad would be it would kick itself out of warmup cycle a bit early :(
          <hr></blockquote>

Ive tried this and it doesnt work, just ammending my post from a long time ago by saying it doesnt work...
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X