Manual Fan Switch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Fan Switch Problems

I did the maual swith mod to day. but i only did it on the high speed fan. I got a led switch but cant get the led to turn on when it activated. Then i started trowing code p1665. witch is manufactures controled aux inputs and outputs. Any help???
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: Manual Fan Switch Problems

i havent done the mod but does your led have 3 input/output electrical connections?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

LED switch will never work because you are completeing a - circuit not +, and i threw a code too, cant remember which, and it was only every third use while running, but it wasnt that, i think you have the wrong code

Comment

i was trying to remember its probably wrong i will scan it again 2marrow
        98 Mystic Teal Camaro
        Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

you can always get a mail order tuner or whoever your tuner is to delete the code
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by bah
            LED switch will never work because you are completeing a - circuit not +,
            Sorry, But you are incorrect ... all you have to do is hook up the (+) of the LED to a 12v source and the (-) to the switched input to your switch/wire leading to the pcm.

I have both high and low in my 'bird with LEDs and it works great. I'll try and find my schematic for it and post it on here.
            \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

here is what I did with a led switch and works great

On 1996 and later models, the wiring has changed and the above procedure will blow the fan fuse and turn on the Service Engine Light. So instead, in the under hood fuse box, remove the relay labeled 'F'. Molded into the plastic on the box itself where the relay was is the letter 'F' as well as numbers for each connector. You want to connect the pin labeled '3' with the pin labeled '4'. Note that this is a real feed, and bypasses the relay, so use at least 14 gauge wire. Current is 12A startup, and 8A running. Use a switch that can handle the load.

Solder the wires to the bottom of the fuse box, and put the switch just in front of the box where there already is a unused hole. Black wires and a black switch makes it looks neat. With this setup, you can turn the fan on whenever you want, even with the engine off. Don't forget to put the relay back once you locate the correct connections. Without relay, a code is set and the Service Engine light is lit. If you happen to get a light, it won't go away until you reset the computer. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 1 minute.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X