How Difficult would this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Difficult would this be?

I want to mate a 92 camaro covertable with a late model corvette engine and drivetrain. I don't have the money, the space or the time, but I thought it would make a good technical discussion about it. I love the body style of this car and the performance of the corvette.
    Car
    Drivetrian
    Cardomain

First of all, it would be much easier just to swap in the engine since I believe the 3rd gen ls1 swap has been done a few times. The corvette uses a transaxle at the back that combines the transmission and the axle assmebly into one as you can see in the rear axle of the corvette drivetrain. If someone were to swap in the entire thing, IRS and all, that would be quite a camaro.
    David
    1995 Nissan Hardbody King cab XE, 5-speed, 4 banger<p>Looking for the right Camaro...

Comment

here's something to ponder

fiberglass shells [img]smile.gif[/img]

custom tubular frame, fiberglass body, lift the convertable top from somewhere, then put in an entire 'vette suspension.
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

I have seen a few Vette IRS swaps in the past. Various makes/models. The thing you need to realize is the vette chassis/suspension/driveline is set up for the vette. So swapping it into another vehicle may be trick, but not as functional or as good a setup as it was in the vette due to geometry.

You could always get a custom "vette" or jag IRS designed for an F-body, and drop in a LS1 or 6 that would still be sweet.

I personally like strobhen's idea.
        I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X