Replacing Window Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Window Glass

This morning I went out to my car to go to work like any other day and I unlock my car with the remote and heard the beeps. The ones that means your alarm went off. Well, my window was shattered all over my seat so you can imagine how happy I was. :mad:

Anywayz, I want to replace it myself. I already have found a used place that has the glass for $125 so I think that's a pretty good deal. My concern is how hard to install it will be. I don't think it will be that hard but I want to make sure that I have everything that I need before I start. I don't want to find out I need to order a part halfway through putting it in.

If anyone has done this before or knows what this install entails, I would appreciate the input.

Thanks!
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red V6 Raider:

Anywayz, I want to replace it myself. I already have found a used place that has the glass for $125 so I think that's a pretty good deal

If anyone has done this before or knows what this install entails, I would appreciate the input.

Thanks!
    <hr></blockquote>

Sorry to hear that man, happened to me twice, once with a brick and the other time I was "hit" they used an oil based lubricant and slim jimed me. When the brick was used I only paid about $160 to have the window replaced and saved me a hell of a lot of time and problems. Do you have the 2-way pager on your car? If not you may want to look into that addition, when my proxy sensor goes off I am out of bed looking for targets...Good Luck man and let me know if you find out who "hit" you, I owe his a@#.
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested, I have come to a slight problem in replacing my window. I need the rivets to hold the window in place. According to the Chilton's, I need a 1/4 in(6mm) rivet, and from what I can see, it needs to have a 1/2 in grip. And those are not easy to come by(not sold at your local home depot). And to make matters worse, I need a "Big Daddy Riveter" as a local sales rep called it to put the rivets in. And those come for the low price of $179.30.

It seems like I always run into stupid problems that are always expensive. I may just go to a local mechanic and see if I can borrow their tools. I dunno, I'm kind of at a loss.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open for suggestions.
      Thanx
      - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Damn jealous @ssholes.
        They always want to mess around with our car.
        1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X