fuel filter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter problems

so I am replacing my fuel filter, I relieved the schreder valve, I have the cap off, and My fuel lines will not stop spilling fuel, not even slowing down, I cant get my hand in there long enough to try and unthread the filter without gas pouring everywhere on me. HELP!

Re: fuel filter problems

I had to put a bucket under my filter when I did it. quite a bit came out.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yah, normal to lose about a cup of gas, even without pressure there's plenty in the line to drain out. Long gloves and eye protection to keep from getting splashed is nice.
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I found that if you're under the filter when it begins to leak gasoline, that the gas tastes like sh*t and it gives you an upset stomach later on. I had to learn the hard way...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
          I found that if you're under the filter when it begins to leak gasoline, that the gas tastes like sh*t and it gives you an upset stomach later on. I had to learn the hard way...
          lol, great advice about the affects of gas in mouth. ;)
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you should do it when you are very low on gas, so less spills out
            keep the gas tank cap off while doing it (i guess)

gas smells good but tastes bad, its carcinogenic
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i let it fill up half a coffee can before i said **** it, so pissed today my new drive shaft is too thick and wont fit with the exhaust, and now the filter, so yea **** it, i would be much happier paying someone to do this ****.

Comment

Just change it anyways, it does not make a diffrece that gas is running out.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

actually, leave the cap on when you change it, so it cant breathe and will form a lock

Comment

wouldnt that put a bad air bubble in the fuel line? or am i crazy?

Comment

(totally off topic)

CamaroingFool- I just noticed your centercaps... I like...
                      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

i think you are crazy

Comment

Originally posted by bah
                          i think you are crazy

lol... The heat must be gettin to me...
                          Last edited by T-Mill; 08-02-2006, 11:54 PM.
                          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

bottom line, i tried everything including replacing the cap, gas jusst kept flowing, I had a half tank in at the time, I also tried to pry the fuel filter off while gas was coming out, and the damn thing wouldnt loosen up. So tomorrow it will go in for tires, shocks, struts,...and now a fuel filter.

Comment

Fuel filter are so easy to change, just have a friend do it.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X