Fast idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast idle

So i went through the fun of taking way too many parts off my 3.4 V6 to adjust the rockers, and now the car idles between 2 and 3 thousand RPM. I can find no vacuum leaks, and the throttle plate is completely closed during this. tried pulling the battery to reset things, no help. No warning lights either. Any ideas? Could the IAC have failed me at the same time?

Re: Fast idle

take off the IAC and see but i doubt it. odds are you missed a bolt somewhere. hook up a vacuum tester to make sure.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

check to see if your TB is open

Comment

TB completely closed. Doesn't seem to be a throttle or throttle linkage issue.

Comment

Are you completely SURE you re-installed the TPS where is was originally positioned? I didn't reinstall mine once after a TB overhaul and the idle was BigTime high!!!

A high idle could be a faulty IAC or TPS (or other things), but I'd check the TPS first before you go buying replacement parts.

I don't know too much about the 3.4's because I've never owned one. Just trying to help though.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. The problem was that the intake manifold gasket was slightly folded, at least that should be it after I get it back together.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X