Traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction control

Was just wondering , is there an auto traction control on the 3800 camaros , because it seems when i punch it from the take of the engine just seems to just bog , i mean i cant even do a burnout heh, i guess it could just be the engine in the heavy car , well just wondering , thx oh and i have a 96 v6 , with cold air intake *k&N* straight pipe in place of the cat and a flowmaster on it ..thats it

Re: Traction control

i dont really know what im talking about but i read if you put a straight pipe where the cat is on our v6s it doesnt have enough back pressure and you loose low end torque... i could be wrong it was just a wild guess

Comment

yea i thought i saw something like that before too, but it did the same before i had it done sooo.. i dunno

Comment

LOL, my car is all stock, 1997, and it will not even try to burn the tires, unless of course the street is wet or gravel. You or WE, would have to have texas speed remove the "power management" on our computers.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

you poor guys. I can burn mine all day.

our cars do come with auto traction control but you should have a switch and defiantly an indicator light on you instrument panel showing that you have entered into traction control mode when you Begin to lose traction.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

well i think only the 98+ or so have a switch for traction control , the only light i have similar to it is a low traction light and that only comes on when i hit the brakes very hard, i can slide *while turning of course* and it wont come on

Comment

well i guess your car is just too tired.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thx, well when i found out some good info , not just it being pass my bed time for my car, ill post it to let everyone know

Comment

I actually blew a set of tires just burning them off of my 85 Z28 for fun when i put them on my v6... If a honda can kinda burn out u can...
                  Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

Comment

Traction control was an option which was first available in 99. 99 was the first year for the electronic or "drive by wire" throttle, which made it easy to implement. I believe that less than half (maybe much less than half) of V6s were ordered with the option. It's easy to spot, there's a "TCS" switch on the dash (which turns it off temporarily).

Earlier V6 automatics had a "second gear start" system, kinda a poor man's version of TC.
                    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Earlier V6 automatics had a "second gear start" system, kinda a poor man's version of TC.[/QUOTE]

hmmmmm Earlier V6's? My 2000 has the "SGS" button on the dash. No TC button though..
                      2000 Camaro 3.8 <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383</a>

Comment

....Is it a M5 or A4? I know in my 5-speed V6, I can burn out almost all day. Just give it some gas and drop the clutch. Have you tried power braking?
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X