Fuel injector problem????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector problem????????

My car started to run bad and the SES light came on so I scanned it for the codes and it came up with P0201 which means Injector 1 Control Circuit. It also had a code P301 which means Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected. So I replaced the cylinder 1 fuel injector and it helped for alittle while. I shut the car off and went to start it back up and it started to run poor and the SES light came on so I read the codes again and it was the same two codes. Does anyone have any idea what it could be. I am running out of options and I really dont want to take it to the dealer because I cant afford there outragous prices. Oh and my camaro is a 2000 3.8 if that helps any.

Re: Fuel injector problem????????

How did your #1 spark plug look?

Comment

I just put new spark plugs in about a month ago, but I havent took it out an looked at it. I will have to take it out tomorrow and take a look.

Comment

FYI, our cars are notorious for ignition problems. you might wanna take a chilton's or haynes manual and learn how to use an ohmmeter so you can check it. you stick around on this board for a little while and you'll realize that 90% of all misfires come either from shorted/misrouted plug wires or bad coils or sparkplugs. take a look under the hood at night. if you see electrical arcs or w/e you know that the plug wires are shorting out...
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

So could the wiring that goes to cylinder one fuel injector be going bad or something because the code P0201 means that something is wrong with the fuel injector which is causing it to misfire. Also I dont think that the misfire is caused by the ignition because I replaced the coils, plugs, and wires about a month ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X