throttlebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttlebody

does anyone know of a larger throttlebody that is sold for our car? or is the only option to to some porting on the one i got?at what point in modding is it good to get another throttlebody? i mean i dont want it to be overkill. so any help would be great, thanks in advance, forrest.

Re: throttlebody

Engine & year?
    sigpic

Comment

the 3.8l throttlebody is huge already and you do not really need a bigger or ported one until you are pushing some serious air through it like a turbo or supercharger.

Do a search for ported throttlebody and such and you will find a ton of threads on the topic. People have ported the stock one, but only when they are really far into the mod process.

Also there are no aftermarket tb for the 3.8l engines
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

From what i've heard and as stated above, the 3.8 TB is pretty big already. There really isn't a need to do it unless your going big time. The 3.4 on the other hand, the whole intake assembly flows ****tely.
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

mines a 01 3.8.....thanks for the help guys glad to see i can use that money else where.

Comment

if anyone wants to port their throttle body, it will make it run lean, unless you retune the maf. If you dont tune the maf then you will blow your rings.
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

just outta curiosity... could you take a TB from an LS1 and use it or wont it fit?
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X