fuel delivery woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel delivery woes

so, after that one thread i had where the car was going to hell, i went to the dealership, got new o2's, new #5 injector, and new ign coil. the damn thing still blows codes at WOT. i'm convinced its a fuel pump problem...
    i wanna put in the walbro pump but i know nothing about it.
    does it go right where the stock pump goes or is it inline?
    if its inline do i gotta take the stock one out?
    are there any little nuggets of info that i need to know now or when i put it in?
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: fuel delivery woes

the walbro is a intank pump. You take the old pump out and put the new walbro in, it is a direct swap. When I did mine I ditched hte plastic casing around the pump and just zip tied the pump to the assembly. Works perfect. I also did the access panel approach to getting to the pump where you cut a hole in the hatch area of your car so you can get to the top of the fuel tank where the pump is.

Do a search for fuel pump installs and you can find a bunch of write ups on people doing the access panel. Just be careful because the fuel tank is right below the metal.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: fuel delivery woes

ok, and that intank one, is that the one that zzp sells as a universal kit or is there one specific to the f-bodies?
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        4 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X