Sea Foam Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Foam Improvements

Q1:Can SeaFoam be used in a manual transmission?
    Q2:I read many people use it around here, what do you usually observe after it has been applied and the car is all sea foamed out?

I used Sea Foam on my '94 3.4L Camaro several years ago in order to try to clear out a starting & idle problem that would sometimes occur after starting the car. I hooked up a fuel injection service kit to the vacuum line that runs off the brake master cylinder & let the Sea Foam get sucked into the engine. This produced a large cloud of white smoke which lasted several minutes, but the car ran good afterwards & about a week later, the car stopped having problems all together.

EDIT: I don't have any information regarding using Sea Foam in a manual tranny.

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: Fin ]</p>
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I can't help you on the manual transmission.

But, I am a steadfast believer in SeaFoam products. I'm going to be running the "engine treatment" on my car this week before I change the oil. Here's the websitewith a guy explaining his method on how he treats his car. Here's mine:

I add about half of a can to the crankcase when I'm a few hundred miles away from an oil change. Then I add the other half to the gas tank. Just before I change the oil, I run most of a can through my vacuum lines in three rounds. On the first two I try to get as close to choking the motor out as possible. On the third one, I completely stall the motor and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then I start it up and watch the smoke cloud!!! :D :D I try to drive it around the block a few times then I change the oil.

After I've done all that, my car runs like a top. I've been doing this about every 3rd oil change for the past two years and my car has never run better. It's got around 130,000 on it and it's just as strong as the day I bought it!
      95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

I think a distinction needs to be made here, SeaFoam makes a few diffrent products. One is an engie/oil/fuel cleaner, and another is a transmission additive. Don't confuse the two. The transmission stuff (TransTune) says on the bottle that it is only made for automatic transmissions. Don't know if it will work in a manual.

I used to work in a parts store and everyday I would get an old timer in there telling me how great that SeaFoam worked. I use it on mine when ever I feel the urge. I took a few pictures of what the smoke looks like, and the procedure that I use to clean the engine, here.
        <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

when should this be used? I havent felt a decrease in performance, but I'd rather not wait til then [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am planning on putting some of that in as soon as it stops snowing up here, and gets a little warm. It should work just fine with manuals I believe, my friend has a honda civic manual and he ordered his from NAPA automotive. He basically just followed the instructions.

Comment

I use Sea-Foam in the gas tank of my car from time to time. It's great for keeping gas fresh over a time of storage, and keeping the gas dry, as well as keeping the whole fuel system clean. I would recommend it to anyone interested in keeping their engine running sweet and clean. 316,000 miles worth of road experience on my Olds doesn't lie. Sea Foam - use it now, or regret it later.

*end of commercial*

:D DK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X