AC temp, did do a search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC temp, did do a search

The other day i noticed that my ac wasnt blowing out cold air like it has in the past. it is cool but not real cool. i put it in the shop and they say said that the ac system is fine just a little low on freon, so they recharged it. but it still dont seem as cold has it had before. is there any reason that it would start blowing warmer air? it has been extremely hot outside the past month or so, which could affect it a little. thanks for the help.
    1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Here's some links I made in a post a few days ago:
    http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=015475#000003
    ;)
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I has been hot. Does you car sit inside the garage or out side,, if it sits out side its going to take a LONG time for it to cool down cause every thing in the car is hot. Drive it around at night, see whats up then. Are both your fan running, maybe the leak is really bad and its leaking right back out. You should never have to add freon to your car, its a sealed system, if your adding to it your leaking. About every 10 years you may have to add a very little since it does leak out from around the compresser in time.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
        I has been hot. Does you car sit inside the garage or out side,, if it sits out side its going to take a LONG time for it to cool down cause every thing in the car is hot. Drive it around at night, see whats up then. Are both your fan running, maybe the leak is really bad and its leaking right back out. You should never have to add freon to your car, its a sealed system, if your adding to it your leaking. About every 10 years you may have to add a very little since it does leak out from around the compresser in time.
        1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

it sits outside. this is the first time that i have had to add freon to my ac. i did try and run it at night it might get a tad bit cooler but not much. another thing is that when i switch to vent(the forth setting going clockwise from off) it seems to stay the same temperature as the ac was blowing out. but i will check to make sure that both fans are on. didnt know that would affect ac. thanks

Comment

i bought a can of the r-134a and oil for recharging. even after taking it to the shop and them running tests on it and telling me there was no leaks and that the freon level was just a little low. the gauge on the can of refrigerant i bought said it was low. which means the shop didnt put enough in it or i have a leak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X