3.8 PCV Valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 PCV Valve?

Ok guys. I finaly got my car back! I was doing my tune up today. I got the Trany, Oil, and Rear Dif. Fluids changed. It came time to put in my new PCV valve, and I realized I didn't know where it was. I pulled out that Chilton's Manual and I found that it only covers the 3.4 and the 5.7.

Where is the PCV valve located on the 3.8 engine?

Thanks!
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

It is located in the intake plenum(or you could say manifold) under a cover. When you look at the top of the engine. You'll see 3800. ok about a inch or two to the left of 3800, you should see a little black cover with two bolts. that is your PCV. Remove the two bolts. Use needle-nise pliers to withdraw the PCV valve and spring from the manifold. Watch to make sure you do not lose the O-ring. Then just replace it, and your done. :D
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

And if the above great description does not help just look on the black plastic piece on top of the radiator.
      There is an emmissions diagram and it will show you exactly where the PCV valve is
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Yeah. I figured that it would be on that sticker. The only problem is...I don't have that sticker [img]smile.gif[/img] I got in an acident, and the clip they used to fix my car turned out to be from a 3.4. So that plastic peice has the 3.4 stickers on it... :rolleyes:

But, my dad was looking over the car with me, and I said, how about that black cover. He figured it had to be lower down on the engine, so we didn't check it. (I trust his car knowledge much more than mine) Well, chalk one up for me! lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X