What should my next mods be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should my next mods be?

I feel like getting some more stuff for my car. I don't have tons of extra money right now but I have enough for one or two small mods. I just want to sorta have a plan of what mods I should do and in what order. I'm thinkin I'll put in an aluminum 1-pc driveshaft, hi-flow cat, and a 160* thermostat. I know I should probably get some 3.42's but it sounds like it can be a difficult mod on some cars. I think I want to just do a rearend swap that already has 3.42's but I don't know where to find one. So what do you guys think I should do? Thanks.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

hmmm, I would go for the alum. driveshaft or the gears

your going to get the most improvement out of those two items

order is pretty irrelevant.

you would get a rear axle at a junkyard
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

One thing to remember, if you get the 160 stat, the fans still wont come on till later (195 deg.?) so you'd probably want to fix that with a fan switch or programming.
      David
      1995 Nissan Hardbody King cab XE, 5-speed, 4 banger<p>Looking for the right Camaro...

Comment

I would go with the driveshaft and 160 thermo. but also with a manual fan switch.
        Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

Comment

gears, definitely gears. Shop around for a good price. i got my ring and pinion and lsd off ebay real cheap... (less than 150 for everything) and then i had a good hookup for the install.

Of course, for you the cheapest will probably be the new rear axle, and youll have disk brakes then. try speedautomotive.com

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Yeah I think the manual fan switch is something I should do also. When I'm driving around for a while my temps are around 210 which isn't too good. Is there any way to make the fans stay on at all times? I know absolutely nothing about electrical stuff and the manual fan switch installation seems very difficult to me.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X