Drivers Side Mirror ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Side Mirror ??

Ok i have a NON POWER adjust mirror with the litle knob that moves the mirror. I took my car to car pool to have it washed and when i got in and looked my mirror was cocked all to one side and the knob was all the way to the bottom of were it can travel.... no big deal just readjust it i thought WRONG! it will move left and right but not up and down, if i leave it alone it atomatically faces UP and and to the outside.. I guess that one of the connecting wires are messed up. I was wonderin if anyone has ever dealt with the mirror cause i can not figure out how to get to the back of it..... sorry this is soo long and kinda vauge but if anyone has any ideas-tips it would be sooo greatly appreciated cause i LOVE being able to see outa my mirror without haveing to cram a piece of cardboard in it to keep it where it needs to be ! !
    AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Check out this link:

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=28&t=000013

Good Luck!
    Brad<br />--------------------<br />Black 1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br /> <a href=\"http://v6camaro.homestead.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://v6camaro.homestead.com</a>

Comment

thanx but i already read that post. it kinda stops where i was hoping this topic could pick up but yeh the SAME situation aplies its not the mirror coming off but the WIRES that control its movement is obviously messed up.... anyone else care to help ? thanks alot [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
      AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

I would also like some info cause I have the same exact problem. One of the wires came unattached or broken and the mirror is cocked up and to the left.

Comment

can't you just move the mirror without using that little stick?
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

tensioners/wires are broken. No way to fix it. It happend to me about a year ago, some dummy messed with mine and broke it. No fix, just replace it. You can check an old junkyard...I just bit the bullet and sprung for a new one.

Sucks, I know.

Comment

Blizzard.... do you have to buy the whole d@mn mirror assembly ????? or just like the metal brackets on the inside of the housing ??

Comment

The same thing happened to me, on my brand new FU**ING CAR! (ranting and raving at GM low-quality. :mad [img]smile.gif[/img] I hadn't had the car 3 months and the damned mirror broke. I read that other thread too btw, it seemed to die down before all questions were answered.
                -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Mine also broke. A cable has broken loose from the plastic mounting block. The manual mirror is not repairable. You can't get to the screws behind the mirror, and if you could you really can't fix it.

I just got another one in black from Speed Automotive, www.speedautomotive.com .
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

you can get to he screws and it will come out. Mine is broken and I am currenly looking far a replacement. I tried the epoxy trip but I could not get it to hold (not patient enough?) I am just going to find a junk yard and pull the mirror off and replace it. If you remove the mirror from the car you can move the mirror around in the housing and get to all of the screws. Hope this helps.
                    Remember that sometimes, silence is the best answer.<br />Warren White<br />1996 PoloGreen Coup <a href=\"http://vampyr.settanni.net/\" target=\"_blank\">http://vampyr.settanni.net/</a> <br />\"Jealousy\"<br /> CTFBA member of the month Sept 03

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X