Smelly clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly clutch

Okay, fairly simple question here. My car has 37k miles on it, but I have no idea how much the previous driver beat on it. The clutch seems strong as far as I can tell, and I've had no real problems with it since I bought the car. However, after I get home from work I can faintly smell something nasty, instantly I blame the clutch, but I've heard that brakes and a bad cat can also be to blame. Then again there is a slightly steep hill (that I always have to start from a stop at the top) just before my house. Would switching from stock to the loudmouth burn out my cat? Anyone have suggestions as to what is causing this? Or am I just crappy at shifting? Didn't think so until now..
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

If your clutch isn't slipping, then leave it alone unless you're planning on racing it alot with a modded engine. I still have my stock clutch, and my car is a 96.
    It may be a bad/clogged converter. They are basically cheap on ebay. I went with the Magnaflow #94009, and it worked great! Something like this.

Also, did you ever get (or have) an SES light?
    sigpic

Comment

Never had an SES, I'm guessing is either a bad cat (Which I plan to replace in the near future anyways) or just this annoying hill every day too and from work.
      01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

Comment

Did someone teach you that putting aftermarket parts on your car will wear out other parts faster??? lol, they were right. But the cat-back is after the cat, hence the name, so it wouldn't burn out the cat. But it could be a bad cat regardless of exhaust.
        FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

and if it is the cat, you can have it replaced for free because its under warranty. 8 year 80,000 miles or something like that. i just had mine replaced because it started rattling. any chevy dealership will warranty it out.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cops_suck\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 3.8L Camaro M5 </a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X