Conversion to power locks and windows? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion to power locks and windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to power locks and windows?

Has anyone done a conversion to manual locks and windows with only factory equipment? I would like to stay with factory stuff, as I've seen aftermarket locks that just really suck. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

I knew a guy that did that with his Saturn. He just went to a junk yard and gutted two doors. Went home and put the pieces together. For his car, all the electrical components were in place minus some fuses.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Thats encouraging, thanks. Anyone else? If I can't find the parts in a junkyard I would need to be able to order them from somewhere.
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I have aftermarket auto door locks, I dont get it why you say they just plain 'suck'...

Mine actually are pretty wicked, they are wired to both ignition lock (when i close door and start car the doors lock, when car is turned off they unlock automatically) and also for my alarm remote, so when i arm the alarm, the door locks, when i disarm, the door unlocks...

PS: I think you should get stock Z28 exhaust flat tips on your car, as IMO quads without a body kit look like they are just hanging there and sticking out.. makes for an incomplete picture...

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: silicuda ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by silicuda:
          I have aftermarket auto door locks, I dont get it why you say they just plain 'suck'...

Mine actually are pretty wicked, they are wired to both ignition lock (when i close door and start car the doors lock, when car is turned off they unlock automatically) and also for my alarm remote, so when i arm the alarm, the door locks, when i disarm, the door unlocks...

<hr></blockquote>

Same thing here, mine work the same way... i've had mine several years (w/ the viper alarm) and i like them better than stock power locks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] They put actuators in the door for them to work. Just make sure you or whoever puts them in mounts them correctly and knows what they are doing or they can burn out. Most places will replace them for free if you pay for the install the first time, but its just more convenient to get it right the first time.

I do wish i had power windows though. :rolleyes:

-Justin
          2001 Camaro Z28 (A4) Sunset Orange Metallic w/ T-tops, Monsoon Stereo, factory GFX, BMR STB from the v6, 18K miles<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam22\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro Z28</a><br /><br />Dads car: 2002 35th aniv. Bright red Z28, fully loaded<br /><br />R.I.P.<br />1995 3.4L Camaro (A4) Bright Red<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam\" target=\"_blank\">1995 3.4 Camaro</a>

Comment

for door locks, just buy some Actuators, hell Circuit City and Best Buy carry 'em....all inside the pannel. For Windows.....any part store carries them...like $80-$160
            Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by silicuda:

<hr></blockquote>

What kind are they, where did you get them, and how much did they cost?

BTW: I understand what you're saying about the tips, and feedback is cool [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] but I've gotten more positive feedback than negative feedback, and I like them, so I will keep them. I do like stock Z28 tips though.

Comment

I have no idea what kind they are, they were 75CAD each which is 50USD each + installation.... alarm is a tottaly different story/cost...

Comment

Thanks, that's not very expensive at all. I'll look into it.

Comment

I had mine installed 2 years ago for $90. That's parts and labor. They are aftermarket, and I've used the hell out of them. The aftermarket actuators are only like $5-$10. I don't know what the stock ones run. You just need to go talk to a local stereo place and ask them.
                    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X