what the??? fans die when headlights come on! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the??? fans die when headlights come on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the??? fans die when headlights come on!

i was beginning to think i had big cooling problems. turns out its my fans. i have a manual fan switch. i cant use my fans and headlights at the same time. what gives?

with the car running (or any other time) i can turn on my fan switch and the fans run fine. if i turn on the headlights though, the fans die. any ideas?

edit: by the way, i had verified that the fans were blowing, but when i tried them, i had the lights turned back off, hence the whole problem and confusion.

[ July 25, 2005, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Hmmm...maybe not enough power to run both...check to see if you still have a good working alternator or battery. Also, did you hook up the fan switch yourself or buy one that does it for you. Because when you do it yourself, you have to power the switch, see if you are using your headlight fuse for power...
    FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:
      i have a manual fan switch.
      SLP or self installed?

If self - the wiring is incorrect.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

self installed.

i had the ground wired into the black wire coming off the light-up for the auto slider. when the headlights came on and in turn those came on, it killed the ground source some how. i just found a new ground, and that fixed it. cooling problem solved.

[ July 25, 2005, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X