Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Mods on 3rd Gen?

Greetings all,

I recently aquired a 1984 Pontiac Firebird, 2.8L V6. It is carberated not EFI sadly. However to get to the point, what are some recommended modification/upgrades/replacements that can/should be done with a car that has not been very well taken care of?

I have passed california smog, so it is running okay, but it does not seem to have the get up and go I would have thought it should. Granted I am use to driving a 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo.

Any advise offered would be great, thanks!
    Jurrel<br />1984 Firebird<br />2.8L V6<br />No mods

You may want to check in with the 3rd Gen. Forum, I think they've got a couple of mods you can do for an '84 like headers & stuff.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

get a 4th gen!!!

;) [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

It just depends on how much you want to spend.

As always start with the basics - induction and exhaust. Maybe replace or rebuild the carb. Then there are always heads/headers/cam but it may be hard to find for that setup not sure. Maybe look into dropping a new engine in it - you'd have to do your homework on that though.
      01 Firebird <br />Whisper Lid - K&N<br />Raised Air Lid - Free Ram Air<br />Borla Cat-Back Quad tips<br />3.42s with lsd on the way

Comment

Well have been looking at the 3rd gen area, not alot there for info of late.

As to the engine, I am debating updating it eventaully to either a 3.4 V6 or a 305 V8 with EFI.

At this point, I was wondering how good chassis stiffening is. I know there are ALOT of subframe connecters, panhard rods, strut tower rods...etc out there, I am using it as a daily driver, not for race track use..
        Jurrel<br />1984 Firebird<br />2.8L V6<br />No mods

Comment

A great place to get advice is at http://www.thirdgen.org . There are quite a few folks on the V6 forum there, and they will surely help you out.
          16 years old with no car and big dreams...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X