IDLE PROBLEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDLE PROBLEM?

A friend of mine has a 98 Camaro A4. The vehicle has 67K on the odo. Last night the engine started to misfire between 1K and 2500K RPM's.
    We took the car this morning to a mechanic and after putting it on the computer claimed that a sensor was bad. He stated there are 7 sensors and wasn't clear which one was bad. Does this sound correct or does anyone think we're being taken for a ride. Also if anyone knows the solution, please help us out.

BTW we're being charged $45 for the Diagnostic and the repair would be another $100
    [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Forget the diagnostic... There are a lot more then just 7 sensors in the car but even so, I don't think there are any sensor's that will cause a misfire. That has to do with plugs,wires,or coils. If there is an SES light on and there should be, you can take it to autozone and have it scanned for free. It should tell you which cylinders it is misfiring in. This can help you to determine where exactly it is going wrong. If it is just misfiring in one cylinder, it could just be a plug or a wire. If it is misfiring in 2 cylinders it could be a coil. With some good knowledge and maybee a Haynes or Chilton's manual, it wouldn't be too hard to do yourself. Already $145 deep, they'll probably charge you more after they finally figure out what it really is. I just don't see even if they did say it was a sensor that they didn't know which one it is. Anyway Good luck man.

Comment

I agree with Ted. IF it is a sensor they can pinpoint it to one or two. Especally for 45 smackers. Check all the usual stuff. If it has only like 60 some miles on it the plugs could need changed or the injectors cleaned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X