How do I turn off the headlight at night? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn off the headlight at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I turn off the headlight at night?

I need to know how to turn headlight off at night so I wont have to turn the engine off every time I hide when I play "hide and car seek".
    Can I install a switch or something that would turn it off? I tried pulling up the e-brake a little but that didnt work.
    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

they heve sensers in the light so they go on auto so i dunno if you can

later
    -BEN-
    1997 WHITE 30TH ANNIVERSRY 3800 II M5

Comment

the sensor is under your winshield defroster vent right next to the led for factory security. just short the wires to the sensor together
      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Turn the car off. make sure the light switch is in the "off" position. Now pull your e-brake up ONE click. Turn the car back on.

The auto headlight switch has just been bypassed.
        1997 Camaro,<br />SLP cold-air, Hooker Supercompetition catback, Air temp. module, Powerstat thermo, 1LE Aluminum drive shaft, 3.42 POSI rear, 1LE sway bars front & rear, Powerstop crossdrilled rotors on all corners, Torque Thrust II\'s (17x9.5 front & 17x11 rear), and a couple other goodies. <a href=\"http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=84487\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=84487</a>

Comment

I think the whole point of him wanting to do this is so he doesn't have to turn the car off everytime. I've been meaning to do this mod myself.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LimitedE:
            Turn the car off. make sure the light switch is in the "off" position. Now pull your e-brake up ONE click. Turn the car back on.

The auto headlight switch has just been bypassed.
            <hr></blockquote>

yep you beat me to it. This is the only way to do it.

Comment

or you could do it the way i said and not have to deal with the red "BRAKE" light on the console, it takes like 5 minutes to do, give it a try
              1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

According to the FSM, Firebirds come with a jumper in place of the ambient light sensor in the dash. Like RSFiredog said, this shorts out the input to the DRL module, faking it into thinking its daylight all the time. I'm trying to find a part number for the jumper. I'll post when I find it.
                2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

They are so simple to get rid of it is funny.
                  Simply get in the passenger seat, use a screw driver to pop up the dash in that cornor (cover it with a rag so you dont scratch anything, Push the plastic on the A pillor to the side, and pry the dash up. Once up locate the sensor in the vent duct, it is the white covered one,( make sure it isnt the alarm one) pop out the headlamp sensor and cut the two wires.

NOW VERY IMPORTANT, you must use a wire nut or another form to attach the two wires on the car end together so to keep the lights off after that just put the dash back down and you are good to go.

I did this in 5 minutes.

I didnt know the Auto Headlamps were on the 97's I thought they came only on the 98+
                  ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

so the camaros have automatic headlights at night?? or do you guys mean the fog lights?? I dont' think my friend's camaro has the automatic headlights, I've never even heard of them until 98.
                    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

I've never seen a pre-'98 car w/auto headlights, either.
                      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

it may have originally been a canadian car.. my mom has a 96 Olds ciera and it has daytime running lights and auto on at night, but in that year they supposedly didn't come on that model except in canada yet she has em..
                        -Brad
                        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                        :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> so the camaros have automatic headlights at night?? or do you guys mean the fog lights?? I dont' think my friend's camaro has the automatic headlights, I've never even heard of them until 98. <hr></blockquote>
                          I'm not sure what year they started, but my '02 definitly has automatic headlites, not fog lites.
                          The auto ON is kinda nice, BUT, it sucks not to be able to turn them off once they come on!
                          2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

I've got a '97, and have the automatic lights.
                            1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

I don't like auto-lights [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
                              E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X