How do I turn off the headlight at night? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn off the headlight at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '97 Camaro also has the Auto Head lights, as did my '97 Monte Carlo.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

well you could just short it out, and have to use your manual all the time, or do what I did and put it on a switch, when the switch is up the headlights are like factory...when down it does exactly what you guys are doing shorting out the light sensor....I leave mine on auto most of the time...but I to like to be able to turn them off and not have a brake light....if you want to know how the switch was done do a search I posted it before with a pic ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:
        well you could just short it out, and have to use your manual all the time, or do what I did and put it on a switch, when the switch is up the headlights are like factory...when down it does exactly what you guys are doing shorting out the light sensor....I leave mine on auto most of the time...but I to like to be able to turn them off and not have a brake light....if you want to know how the switch was done do a search I posted it before with a pic ;) <hr></blockquote>

Got a link?Did a search on your user # but couldn't find your post.Thanks.
        Kevin

[ December 18, 2002: Message edited by: nikkev ]</p>
        1998 Black Z28<br />1995 Black 3.4 (@#$$%* ex took it!)<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nikkev1/lst?.dir=/New+Camaro&.view=t\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.scfyb.com/phpBB2/\" target=\"_blank\">Carolina Board</a>

Comment

what do u guys with 98+ cars think you are special or somthing ..well your not ... we have auto lights too..
          97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=008026

I revised it abit, I was a little tired when I wrote the first one...pic is down sorry

goto radioshack get a dual throw switch...3 leads off of it....+ , ground , and the second +....if you remove the center thing around your radio and removing your radio helps too, will let you run wires to the glove box for the switch...you will be able to lift your dash up slightly...just enough to get to the vents on your dash..y'know where the led for the alarm is...following me so far?...ok right next to the led you will see a sensor (little black thing) with two wires coming out of it...the way this works is when 2.37volts(I believe, did it a while ago)is sent through to your the blue wire the car thinks its nighttime....when no voltage is sent through its daytime, or maybee opposite...now you can tottaly disable your auto headlights by removing this sensor...you'll then have to use the switch everytime....or if you make the somewhat complicated switch you can choose.... ...hope this helps

ok made a new better pic....kinda big, I used paint real quick but you'll get the idea kinda easy

http://nikon858.0catch.com/pic.htm

[ December 18, 2002: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

05' CTS-V

Comment

what exactly is hide and car seek?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
                what exactly is hide and car seek? <hr></blockquote>

a fun game when theres nothing else to do ;)

05' CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X