If that aint some weird??..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that aint some weird??..

So I go to lunch, it?s a little chilly and I have my heater on. Its blowing hot, then my temp gage goes up to about 215? Then it goes down to 170 and my heater starts blow'n cold? then my temp gage goes up to about 215 and the heater starts blow'n hot? Then it goes down to 170 and my heater starts blow'n cold? then my temp gage goes up to about 215 and the heater starts blow'n hot? and so on and so on.

Any thoughts?
    I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Are you low on antifreeze? That would be my first guess.
    Jim

Comment

I plan on checking that before I leave this afternoon. After it cools off.
      I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

To check your coolant level while the engine is hot: squeeze the top radiator hose. If the hose is under pressure (does not collapse) you have sufficient coolant level and system pressure. If the hose is not under pressure, the coolant level may be low.
        You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

Or you can just use the dipstick...

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by F1GT:
            Or you can just use the dipstick...

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            <hr></blockquote>

Ive always squezzed the line...Im used to old farm trucks and stuff ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I'd do a coolant flush and check the thermostat. The thermostat could be on its way out and not opening as it should be.

Or the coolant is gunking up and blocking up the system. Sometimes the coolant will gunk on the thermostat and create problems.
              <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X