Air conditioner problem, can't figure it out, please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air conditioner problem, can't figure it out, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioner problem, can't figure it out, please help

Hi Guys:

For the last week I noticed my a/c in my 99 camaro is acting weird. When I go to work at about 9 am when its 70 degrees its blowing fine and cold.

I park the car and get back in it at noon when its about 80 degrees, its still cool. Get back in the car at 1 pm to go somewhere and now it won't cool at all. I felt the dryer and its not cold either. I can hear the clicking sound when you turn on the /ac.

Its doing this everyday. So I don't think its out of r134a or else it would blow hot all the time right? Any thoughts? Its been about 80-85 degrees here so its ont one of those scenarios where its so hot you can't feel the cold air. It just keeps going on and off. Even in the evening the other day it won't cool but last night it did.

Thanks
    Mak

Maybe it's your pressure-sending switch, that detects if there is enough freon in there. Maybe it's faulty and thinks there is no freon in there when the temp goes up. So then it does not let the compressor run. Then there's also some kind of orifice tube or valve that may be getting stuck, buts that's an internal thing.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X