Plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug wires

I am going to change my plug wires but i don't know what kind to get or what is the best size.
    I was wanting to get a little more horsepower out of them.
    Does anybody know what kind and what size i need.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/profile/ohagen383</a>

What year car do you have? I of course like the Taylor plugs from Thunderracing.com and have those right now. I ordered the ones for a pre 99 though which don't really work that well on a 2000+. They need to have longer strait(180*) boots on the plug end, everything else worked fine.

Hey, you live in the town that my family named, cool. It's weird though how nobody can pronounce my last name right at first. It rhyms with Bacon, how hard can that be, geez, it's not Malcom or McCone!!!

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

don't fret about it because on our cars it really doesn't matter. I've got regular AC Delco's...nothing too fancy here and my car runs just the same as always.

Comment

I'd recommend going to autozone and getting a set with lifetime warranty, and when you want them replaced, just go there and tell them you bought a set at autozone (you don't even need a receipt because they can look it up on the computer) and you'll get a new set of the same one's free. You'll have to buy a new set first, then replace them, and take the old ones back and get your money back is the only catch, but still, it's free as long as you own that vehicle. And I doubt you'll see any real performance difference just based on plug wires, so don't worry about the brand too much.

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: need4speed ]</p>
        1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

I changed my plug wires the other day and went to 8 auto suppliers and nobody carries anything. I don't think people know the 3.8L camaro exists because nobody had batterys for my car either. Anyway i finally made it to one of the pepboys and the onlything they had was the Borg Warnet (Nascar) wires for around 30. I got em and they're great. Like a few people said your probably not going to see hardly anything out of wires so an expensive brand isn't really nessecary, most are good brands. BTW, the borg warner's come with the lifetime warranty too!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X