Battery Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Bolt

Well, the bolt that secures the battery in my 2000 Camaro is stripped and won't hold the battery. It pushes down a plastic clip that keeps the battery from moving. Does anyone know what size the bolt is or if it can be replaced? We tried bolts we had and fashioned a temporary hold, but it will not last. Please help.

Re: Battery Bolt

take the bolts to a hardware store, they will tell you what to get
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Rip that crap out and throw it away. You dont need it unless you plan on putting some super swampers on and going off road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
        Rip that crap out and throw it away. You dont need it unless you plan on putting some super swampers on and going off road.
        Yah that's why mine went thud thud thud back and forth on corners when my hold-down broke.. I'm sure it was great for the battery...
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

vibration kills batterys
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Im not Bullsh¡ting you guys that battery doesnt move. Trust me i drive more like a maniac than most people on this forum and my battery doesnt move. If you dont believe me mark the bottom with a marker and drive for a week and see if it moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              Im not Bullsh¡ting you guys that battery doesnt move. Trust me i drive more like a maniac than most people on this forum and my battery doesnt move. If you dont believe me mark the bottom with a marker and drive for a week and see if it moves.
              Without the battery hold down?
              My battery slides around on there just from me bumping it with my arm on accident.
              Reminds me I need to get some foam or something to incase it with vibration protection :)

Comment

Well im not sure about other models they must have a basketball shaped platform for the battery to sit on but in my 2000 firebord (with the proper size battery) never moves without the gay *** battery strap.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                  Without the battery hold down?
                  My battery slides around on there just from me bumping it with my arm on accident.
                  Reminds me I need to get some foam or something to incase it with vibration protection :)
                  Foam!? LOL come on now lets not get redicuals .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X