Do I need a 180 or 160 deg thermostat to use hpp? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a 180 or 160 deg thermostat to use hpp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a 180 or 160 deg thermostat to use hpp?

I am thinking about buying the hypertech power programmer for my car. Do I need to install a lower temp thermostat to use the hpp. I already run 93 octane in the car, and I will use the hpp program for premium fuel.

I dont think you have to but Im pretty sire it works better

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Usually it's a 160* thermostat. There should be something in writing telling you. You can always call up where you are ordering and double check [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

The hypertech works fine with just a 180 stat if thats all you want to run, I did that for a while. Their 87 programming and 93 programming is on the conservative side so you don't need to worry about detonation or anything [img]smile.gif[/img]

However, I do like the timing advance and extra power I have running the 160 stat - Im a firm believer in changing the stat :D

Since you have an 01 you'll need a 18K resistor to run anything lower than 180 in your car. I have a slew of these resistors if you need one, just ask and I'll send you one. Im on vacation at the moment though so I wont be able to do anything til Jan 4.

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X