4.3L Performance Websites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.3L Performance Websites?

I am looking for a website that offers performance stuff for the GM 4.3L. Looking mainly for internal engine, such as aftermarket cams and the like. ALSO, rocker arm kits like what SLP has for our cars finally: I have read that the '95 4.3L has a RAR of 1.5! If they make like 1.8 or so, I wanna know, but I haven't found them yet. Thanks in advance!
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

The 4.3 is just a 350 (5.7) with two middle cylinders removed, that is it. The 5.7 uses 1.5 rocker arms, has for over 30 years, but the cams are just ground bigger for about equal lift. 1.6 is about as big as they come for small blocks. A lot of parts are common between the 4.3 and 5.7 of same or like years. Water pump, rocker arms, pistons and connecting rods, and the after market is flooding with parts for them. Hotrod just did a 4.3 buildup and got around 300 HP from it, comes out to be equal to 400 for a 5.7. They used a self aligning rocker arm, just as late 5.7s did.

Found the magazine: Hotrod, Aug. 2002.

Ordered lightweight speedpro pistons for a small block 350 (6)

The rods are of a larger size, sealed power makes bearing for the con rods.

Decking 0.010 with Fle-Pro 0.041 gaskets got them 9.6:1 vs 8.6:1 stock.

Comp Cams make hydraulic roller cam for it.

Aftermarket heads don't exist. Porting shows giant improvements over stock.

Edelbrock makes an intake for them.

Edelbrock and Hooker make headers for them.

They dropped $3000 with machine work and got 301 HP at 5500 RPM, and 312 lb-ft at 4700 RPMs. They had lowered the CR to 9:1 for october...

They then added a Vortech in Octobers magazine and got 500 HP at 12 pounds but whacked the head gasket at at 6400 RPMs...

Hows that for help...

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: pvtschultz ]</p>
    1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X