Best AntiFreeze..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best AntiFreeze..

green by itself won't hurt anything, but like someone already said, there's probly still orange in your system, and when the two mix it's bad news... especially if they mix in the small channels in the radiator b/c it'll clog... go with orange... if you were to use green, you might get lucky and have no problems, but then again, you might not... and radiators are expensive
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Yes, once again the "orange"-Dex-cool is what our cars need. 3.8 and the 3.4's alike. You can get the premixed 50/50 and all you have to do is pour it directly into the radiator. Or you can buy the regular and fill it 50/50 yourself. That choice is up to u, but get the orange. If still unsure after the many points of view on here then ask someone at your local Autozone or parts store that you are getting the antifreeze from.
      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
      www.vaperz.com
      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
        Yes, once again the "orange"-Dex-cool is what our cars need. 3.8 and the 3.4's alike. You can get the premixed 50/50 and all you have to do is pour it directly into the radiator. Or you can buy the regular and fill it 50/50 yourself. That choice is up to u, but get the orange. If still unsure after the many points of view on here then ask someone at your local Autozone or parts store that you are getting the antifreeze from.

thanks a bunch. i'll go tomorrow and pick some up.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I thought there was some kind of Class Action against GM. Something about Dexcool causing a number of problems "reaction with some gasket materials" causing out of warranty problems and possible premature engine failure or costly repairs. I had an email from a firm of attorneys about 8 months ago asking if I had any problems etc etc.

Vic

Comment

Originally posted by Victorj
            I thought there was some kind of Class Action against GM. Something about Dexcool causing a number of problems "reaction with some gasket materials" causing out of warranty problems and possible premature engine failure or costly repairs. I had an email from a firm of attorneys about 8 months ago asking if I had any problems etc etc.

Vic
            I've never heard that but could believe it. I had my upper intake gasket go in mine 3 diffrent times.
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

Found the old email company is www.Gerardgibbs.com

Dex-Cool Class Action

Girard Gibbs is co-lead counsel in a federal Multi-District Litigation class action and numerous state class action lawsuits filed on behalf of owners of General Motors vehicles, which were factory-filled with "Dex-Cool" coolant. The lawsuits allege that Dex-Cool forms a sludge-like substance in these vehicles which clogs cooling systems, causing them to overheat, and that Dex-Cool corrodes all parts of the engine it comes in contact with including the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. The suits further alleges that Dex-Cool not only does not perform as promised, but also causes premature and costly engine repairs to consumers' vehicles.:mad: :tdown:

If you've experienced similar problems with Dex-Cool, please click here and let us know.

Someone may be interested

Vic

Comment

I've had nothing but bad luck with dex-blow. It's clogged the radiatior in the 3.4 three times so I finally flushed with and I use 50/50 green. No problems at all.
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

if you flush the system JUST GET THE GREEN

my car runs cooler with it any way
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
                    if you flush the system JUST GET THE GREEN

my car runs cooler with it any way

arghhhhhh, yeah i flushed the system. so i guess im going GREEN NOW. think that was what was it before. But what kind... no more dex-$H!T.

Comment

arggg. im end up putting some green lime gatorade in there if no one helps me out. i need some fast..

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                        arggg. im end up putting some green lime gatorade in there if no one helps me out. i need some fast..
                        go get some peak 50/50 poor it in bleed the system yada yada and call it done
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I prefer green. Buy the real Prestone 100% concentration green antifreeze. Don't skimp and buy that store brand junk, and do not buy 50/50, unless you want to waste your money paying for water. Buy 100% Green and mix your own 50/50.

If my father has run the Green stuff for the last 40 years and never lost an engine it must be ok.

Just change it and flush it every other year and you will be good to go.

Comment

i always buy the SuperTech (wal-mart brand) of the 100% solution.
                            then mix it with garden hose water... but I know you are supposed to use
                            distilled water. oh well
                            Make sure its dex-cool compatible

I know Dex-cool is supposed to be good stuff, but I hear people having nothing but problems, especially when mixed with non-dex-cool antifreeze that is not compatible
                            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

go for green :banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X