wtf happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf happened?

Ok..so im leaving school today and all of a sudden wen I step on the gas to leave the parking lot, the car hicups, blows blue smoke outa the exhaust and I get an check engine soon light. All the way home the cars bucking and rattling, mainly feeling it from the rear of the car, im burning something cuz it smells AWEFUL! and still blue smoke pouring out of my exhaust..now I get home, run inside drop sumthin off. Get back in the car and drive over to my mechanics shop. Turn it off run in and we come out start it up and its totally GONE. Check engine light off, no rattling, no burning of anything, no blue smoke. NOTHING, we hop in, take it up to 80 on the highway and still no problems...everythings normal...what happend?! A misfire?! I cant figure it out, help me out guys
    <~~ confused
    KeN

I'll have two of whatever he is having.
    I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

I think you may be able to check your codes at auto-zone, as long as the computer has'nt been reset I think the past codes are still in memory.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

okay now im really confused, was just coming home from doing some stuff, then all of a sudden I hit the gas and BAM feel the car slow down, exhaust toan gets all deep and everything starts to shake, puff of smoke comes out the back SES lights come on. I stop at a light, and it all stops, car seems to be running good...feeling a little lag wen I press down the throttle but the SES light is still on, wat the **** is going on?!

Comment

Well to me it sounds like you blow a head gasket but the fact that everything started work ok again is very strange. The smoke that you are seeing/smelling is oil so it could be a leak in the head gaskets, piston rings, or even a crack in the block (though I really doubt it). Just the fact that it's turing on and off is very strange. I'm stumped
          White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

fack...ne other opinions?! :/

Comment

I've got a scanner that is always in the bird.
              I'd have to take a look at the car.
              I get out of work at 8 AM friday.
              I'll be sleeping during the day.
              I sent you my home number.
              Maybe I can meet you somewhere or if you still have the code I could stop by and check it?
              Let me know, the snow doesn't stop my Super sable [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Blue smoke is oil burning, I would suspect you have an oil leak somewhere. Have you checked your oil lately?
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

You'd be able to come and check the codes James?! Well, if I can tonight ill give you a call. Theres some family business going on that im trying to get out of [img]tongue.gif[/img] If I can ill call ya.
                  thanks
                  keN

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I'll have two of whatever he is having. <hr></blockquote>Put those on my tab.
                    1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Comment

Fuel Pump??????

I only say that because it is intermittent. It seems like once it has a chance to build pressure back up in the fuel system that you run fine.

Just a guess though.

Definately pull the codes though.
                      2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X